"I grew up in Mont-Tremblant, QC. As a young child my father had Meuniere's disease affecting his inner-ear. He saw many doctors & specialists and the only thing that would give him relief was the acupuncture and herbal formulas from the TCM Doctor he would see in Montreal. I would often go with my dad to see this wise, old, Chinese doctor and quickly developed a great love, respect and passion for Traditional Chinese Medicine.
At the age of 18, I left home and moved to Whistler, BC, to pursue my dream of becoming a professional snowboarder. As an athlete, I was fortunate enough to be on the Canadian snowboard team for over a decade, and to represent Canada at the 2006 Olympic Games in Torino Italy in both halfpipe & snowboard-cross. I competed in many World Championships, X Games and traveled the world for my passion. Over the years I would always go back to TCM as a way to help me heal from snowboard injuries, boost my immune system or relieve stress. After 2010, I realized that my growing interest for medicine should not be overlooked. Western medicine was missing that individual approach, that I strongly felt Traditional Chinese Medicine had. I enrolled in the International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver in 2011. In 2015, I spent 2 months at the Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital in Taiwan doing a medical internship, rotating through different areas of specialty and departments. This experience only fueled my passion for human health and TCM. In 2016 I successfully complete my board exams to become a Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM.P.), and in 2017 I completed my final board exam to become a certified Doctor of TCM. I am more passionate than ever about the power of Traditional Chinese Medicine and the life long journey of learning ahead of me.
Acupuncture amazes me on a regular basis, but the combination of herbal formulas, with acupuncture is incredible. I care deeply for my patients and look at their health as a whole, combining acupuncture, herbal formulas, cupping, guasha, diet, lifestyle and emotions as a complete treatment plan. I believe life should be lived in balance with the center being your health, happiness and abundance."
- Dominique Vallée
Dr. Vallée is well versed and has special interest in:
- Well-being and Performance: Whether you are super women, a professional athlete, work hard or are a stay at home parent, everyone deserves to feel their best. You don’t need to have a specific pain or symptom to come in for a treatment. A good time to come in is during the change of season to ward off common-colds and others bugs to boost your immune system and balance your body. Think about it as a regular tune-up for your body to maintain general health, reduce stress and feel great.
- Women’s Health & Fertility: Fertility, working in conjunction with IUI and IVF treatments, Prenatal & Postnatal Care (cervical ripening prenatal treatments), PMS, Menopausal Symptoms, Menstrual Irregularities, PCOS, Repeat miscarriage, Dysmenorrhea, Establishing a cycle post BCP use, Chronic Fatigue, Acne.
- Musculoskeletal: Chronic Muscle/Joint Pain & Weakness, Sprains & Injuries, Sciatica Pain, Back Pain, Bone Fractures, Concussion, Tendinitis, Carpal Tunnel, Numbness & Pain of all sorts.
- Gastrointestinal: Constipation, Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain, Ulcers, Nausea, Vomiting, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Acid Reflux, Bloating, Gas, Stomach Pain.
- Neurological: Headaches, Migraines, Facial Paralysis, Post-Operative Rehabilitation, Post-Concussion Syndrome.
- Emotional: Insomnia, Depression, Nervousness, Anxiety, Stress, Burn out.
- Respiratory: Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Cold, Bronchitis, Asthma.
- Urinary Tract Health: Recurrent UTI’s, Frequent urination, Interstitial cystitis
Techniques & Treatments:
- Traditional acupuncture
- Individually formulated herbal medicine (powder or pill form)
- Electro-stimulation acupuncture
- Topical herbal ointments
- Dietary therapy
- Auricular acupuncture
- Scraping (gua sha)
- Fire glass cupping
- Silicone cupping
Training & Experience:
- Graduated the Doctor of TCM program at the International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver
- Medical Internship at Tzu Chi Taiwan Hospital
- Treats many professional and Olympic athletes (including Olympic Medalists) in various sports
- Lululemon in-house TCM Practitioner at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games & Winter X Games.
- Advance pulse diagnosis with Dr. Brian La Forgia, Shen-Hammer Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis.