"I grew up in Mont-Tremblant, QC. As a young child my father had Meuniere's disease affecting his inner-ear. He saw many doctors & specialists and the only thing that would give him relief was the acupuncture and herbal formulas from the TCM Doctor he would see in Montreal. I would often go with my dad to see this wise, old, Chinese doctor and quickly developed a great love, respect and passion for Traditional Chinese Medicine.
At the age of 18, I left home and moved to Whistler, BC, to pursue my dream of becoming a professional snowboarder. As an athlete, I was fortunate enough to be on the Canadian snowboard team for over a decade, and to represent Canada at the 2006 Olympic Games in Torino Italy in both halfpipe & snowboard-cross. I competed in many World Championships, X Games and traveled the world for my passion. Over the years I would always go back to TCM as a way to help me heal from snowboard injuries, boost my immune system or relieve stress. After 2010, I realized that my growing interest for medicine should not be overlooked. Western medicine was missing that individual approach, that I strongly felt Traditional Chinese Medicine had. I enrolled in the International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver in 2011. In 2015, I spent 2 months at the Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital in Taiwan doing a medical internship, rotating through different areas of specialty and departments. This experience only fueled my passion for human health and TCM. In 2016 I successfully complete my board exams to become a Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM.P.), and in 2017 I completed my final board exam to become a certified Doctor of TCM. I am more passionate than ever about the power of Traditional Chinese Medicine and the life long journey of learning ahead of me.
Acupuncture amazes me on a regular basis, but the combination of herbal formulas, with acupuncture is incredible. I care deeply for my patients and look at their health as a whole, combining acupuncture, herbal formulas, cupping, guasha, diet, lifestyle and emotions as a complete treatment plan. I believe life should be lived in balance with the center being your health, happiness and abundance."
- Dominique Vallée
Dr. Vallée is well versed and has special interest in:
- Well-being and Performance: Whether you are super women, a professional athlete, work hard or are a stay at home parent, everyone deserves to feel their best. You don’t need to have a specific pain or symptom to come in for a treatment. A good time to come in is during the change of season to ward off common-colds and others bugs to boost your immune system and balance your body. Think about it as a regular tune-up for your body to maintain general health, reduce stress and feel great.
- Women’s Health & Fertility: Prenatal & Postnatal Care (cervical ripening prenatal treatments), Infertility, PMS, Menopausal Symptoms, Menstrual Irregularities, PCOS, Repeat miscarriage, Dysmenorrhea, Establishing a cycle post BCP use, Chronic Fatigue, Acne.
- Musculoskeletal: Chronic Muscle/Joint Pain & Weakness, Sprains & Injuries, Sciatica Pain, Back Pain, Bone Fractures, Concussion, Tendinitis, Carpal Tunnel, Numbness & Pain of all sorts. Trigger Point Injection therapy & Prolozone filled with a combination of Procaine, vitamin and amino acid is often the best and most powerful treatment. An initial assessment with acupuncture treatment is recommended before the first Trigger Point Injection therapy session. Helping to regenerate and heal the muscle, tendon or ligament at a cellular level.
- Gastrointestinal: Constipation, Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain, Ulcers, Nausea, Vomiting, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Acid Reflux, Bloating, Gas, Stomach Pain.
- Neurological: Headaches, Migraines, Facial Paralysis, Post-Operative Rehabilitation, Post-Concussion Syndrome.
- Emotional: Insomnia, Depression, Nervousness, Anxiety, Stress, Burn out.
- Respiratory: Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Cold, Bronchitis, Asthma.
- Urinary Tract Health: Recurrent UTI’s, Frequent urination, Interstitial cystitis
Techniques & Treatments:
- Traditional acupuncture
- Individually formulated herbal medicine (powder or pill form)
- Trigger point & Acu point injection therapy (with various vitamins, amino acids and more)
- Electro-stimulation acupuncture
- Topical herbal ointments
- Dietary therapy
- Auricular acupuncture
- Scraping (gua sha)
- Fire glass cupping
- Silicone cupping
- Trigger-Point Injections
- Ozone therapy
Training & Experience:
- Graduated the Doctor of TCM program at the International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver
- Medical Internship at Tzu Chi Taiwan Hospital
- Treats many professional and Olympic athletes (including Olympic Medalists) in various sports
- Lululemon in-house TCM Practitioner at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games & Winter X Games.
- Advance pulse diagnosis with Dr. Brian La Forgia, Shen-Hammer Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis.
- S.A.I.T Society of Acupuncture Injection Therapy, ongoing specializing and internship.
- Ozonotherapy Certification course instructed by Dr. Frank Shallenberger, M.D., H.M.D.
- Beginning & Advanced Prolozone Certification by Dr. Frank Shallenberger, M.D., H.M.D.